Friday, January 7, 2011

Glad to Be Back!

As I mentioned in my post before its been way too long; I'm glad to kick off 2011 Roaring 20's style! New Year's was celebrated in NOLA this year with some great friends! My Best friend Annie came up with or I should say her brother came up with the idea of dressing in a theme to ring in the new year and Roaring 20's it is! The night began with a wonderful meal at Galatoire's dished up by Shannon and Cocktail Bob; then the party continued on Bourbon of course!

Me and the girls - Tiffany, Erin, Annie


Logan and Cocktail Bob - with him never a dry glass at the table :)

Kalyn and Annie - the girl is so gorgeous! XO


The Twins - incredibly glad Logan made the trip over from Miss.

What a GREAT way to ring in 2011 - Special thanks to Miss Ann Lee Adams!

Oddly enough I've already spent most of 2011 out of town because the first weekend after the new year I treked up to Dallas to visit some folks very near and dear to me :) Family friends from my Dad whom we've known for years were in Dallas for the coaches convention and graciously asked me up for a night of fun! However, fortunate or unfortunate for them I was forced to stay an additional night due to the HORRENDOUS weather in Dallas and surrounding areas. (but lucky for me I didn't have to be in the office!!). My days of living in CT had long left me and so the snow and ice conditions that graced Dallas forced me back once I was 35 miles outside the city. But I couldn't have been more thrilled to see my dear friend and love Greg Frey, so I knew there was a reason I was meant to stay an extra night. Words can't express how lucky I am to have Jo Ann Howell Kravitz, Rick Kravitz and Shawn Howe :) FUN TIMES, lots of LAUGHS and I can't wait to do it again. What are we on season 6 of the Rick and JoAnn show?? LOL

Jo Ann and her "son" Shawn


Jo Ann and her "daughter"

If this is any indication of how 2011 will be BRING IT ON!-- I couldn't be more thrilled to be able to spend time with the ones I love.

Lastly, shout out to my LSU Tigers- a great Cotton Bowl Victory, and who better to spend it with than two of my favorite fellow Tiger Fans :)


Me, Danny and Nanny at Big Woodrow's

On a different note, not sure how many of you paid attention to the news the last few weeks but I was absolutely brought to tears over the story of Ted Williams...in case you don't know he's the homeless man from the streets of Columbus, OH; but he used to be a radio announcer and used those talents to WOW the passerbys of the corners he stood on... his kindness and gratitude is amazing...click here. What a great story and it has really made me think twice of the folks I see around Houston on the corner. (unfortunately I think now he's checked himself into rehab :(...


Other than my two great trips lately I don't have much else to report. I'd like to leave you with some of my latest song obsessions ;) And please stay tuned because I'll be going to Vegas in February and I'm sure that will make for one heck of a post! XO

Felt Good on My Lips <----click me!
When I'm Not Looking

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. ~Martin Luther King Jr.



















No comments:

Post a Comment