Thursday, January 27, 2011

Can't Believe its already February, wait a minute - MARCH!

As my co-worker said the other day we're 1/12 of the way through 2011; yes she's very analytical with a quirky sense of humor! :) but so right at the same time. --actually now that I'm thinking about it - March is HERE!

While January is in the past I remain optimistic February holds something positive for this Florida girl at heart. (as well as the rest of 2011) With that being said an official decision has been made - I'm going to give Houston one last year to knock my socks off and if it doesn't happen then this girl will be back in the Sunshine State hopefully by the Summer of 2012. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for all the blessings, memories and opportunities Houston has given me but at somepoint you've got to call a spade a spade and I'm definitely meant to be back in FL! I've been a fish out of water for too many years now but I've learned so much and grown in many ways...(hopefully not too much in my waist line LOL) but my heart yearns for FLORIDA!




VS.


Over the last month my weekends have been incredibly busy with volleyball season getting in full swing. My 16's team has been doing some awesome stuff on the court and I'm having a blast. Furthermore, I myself recently hit the court for the Texas A&M Men's Valentine's Day Classic. Their Men's team puts on a couple tournaments a year as fundraisers so my team went up to play in Aggie Land (YUCK!!--GEAUX TIGERS!) This ole' gal still has it in her - 13 games and we came in SECOND... ARGH!!-- not a fan of losing but if I say so myself, I played well.


However let's face it - the highlight of February was my trip to LAS VEGAS! - Since I've never been I was in complete and total dorky tourist mode!- a few pics are below but checkout Facebook to get the full effect! A great weekend was spent with some great people but I've already decided I MUST go back. Stay tuned for the planning phase of the next trip. I was very fortunate to tag along with some great people. The volleyball club I coach for took along two teams (18 yr olds) and asked if I wanted to go as well. I roomed with our 18s Coach and his Wife in the Bora Bora Suite - LOL. I had my own bed which was all that mattered. I had a FABULOUS time.



Robyn and I waiting to board the flight after a few cocktails :)


LANDED - the mountains were gorgeous

Bar Shot - self portrait, yes
I am a big dork!




Rob trying to drink the VOLCANO
all by her lonesome ;)






Hotties Ready to take on Vegas

The Sites :)




Just a tid bit - took the advice of many and read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. LOVED IT. and will definitely be finishing the series :)













To wrap things up I'd like to send my well wishes and prayers to the Spencer/Schluter family. YS3 has gone to the waves in the sky... the Lord takes you when he's ready for you - and Yancy got to go doing what he loved. RIP Yancy, you will be greatly missed. Thank you for putting the gulf coast on the map with your amazing talent and giant heart....











See you next month!

and lots will be happening then too!



XO

KK



"Why not learn to enjoy the little things - there are so many of them." ~Author Unknown




1 comment:

  1. Awesome, I didnt know you had a blog! Nice write up. Ill add it to my feed. :)

    ReplyDelete